Texas Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Pursue Justice for Your Senior Loved One
Is your elderly loved one suffering from pressure sores, repeated falls or other signs of abuse or neglect in a north Texas or Oklahoma nursing home?
If your senior resident of a nursing home or assisted living center appears to be suffering from malnutrition, dehydration, infections, burns or assault, these are indignities that cannot be explained away by staffing and training deficiencies in a facility. Your family has rights that must be protected, and we are just the law firm to protect them — Banner, Briley & White in Wichita Falls.
Contact us immediately if you fear that nursing home abuse or neglect is victimizing your vulnerable relative or family friend. Call toll free to 866-492-9554. You may also e-mail or fax us.
Dedicated Personal Injury Lawyers for Wichita Falls, Throughout Texas and Oklahoma
Evidence of nursing home abuse and neglect is rarely obvious, but frequently can be proved by showing patterns of questionable staff behavior, poor living conditions and injuries to the resident that are unexplained, or are inconsistent with his or her condition, such as:
- A combination of new and old injuries
- Cuts, lacerations, puncture wounds, bruises, welts, discoloration
- Any injury that looks like it may have been caused by cigarettes, caustics, acids, friction from ropes or chains, or contact with other objects
- Poorly treated or untreated injuries
- Injuries in areas usually covered by clothing
- Poor skin condition, poor skin hygiene or lice
- Absence of hair and/or hemorrhage below the scalp
- Dehydration or malnutrition that is unrelated to illness
- Loss of weight
- Soiled clothing or bedding
- Inadequate clothing
- Depression or withdrawal
- Hesitation to talk openly
- Fearfulness of caregivers
- Confusing or contradictory statements by an otherwise competent senior
- Resignation or denial
- Implausible explanations of injuries or conditions
- Unexplained agitation
- Denial of an injured state
If your loved one is a victim of neglect or abuse, or preyed upon by financial abuse in a nursing home or residential facility, there are probably other residents who are also being neglected or abused. In fact, there is probably a continuing pattern of neglect at the facility. Its history of violations of both federal and state law can show this pattern. Our firm aggressively investigates records of these facilities and pursues justice for you against all forms of neglect, abuse and assault.
Banner, Briley & White nursing home client families have enough on their minds without needing to deal with concerns over the cost of quality legal representation. We extend to you a contingency fee basis for our work that requires you to pay no attorney fee unless we win your case — and a settlement damage award that you approve. Our lawyers prefer to expedite a negotiated outcome that reflects your loved one’s pain and suffering, and your financial losses, but we will not hesitate to aggressively protect your rights in court, if necessary.